Skip to main content

My legacy will be determined by something far greater than money

 Since I started posting on the elections, I have come under a lot of attacks. I have heard to endure baseless claims that I am doing this so that Ruto can appoint me to his government. Or that I have been paid to write. 

I have been blogging here for over ten years. I have always stood for what is true no matter who is the target. I have never received a cent from any individual or institution to post anything here. If anybody has paid me they can come out and dispute this. 

I invested over 40 hours of my time to tally and validate the results IEBC was uploading. Using my data analysis skills, I was the first person in the country to come up with complete tallies for all the 290 constituencies on Saturday at 10 AM. When IEBC came up with its final tallies my figures turned out to be over 99.5% accurate. If this is not a verifiable election what is? 

I have worked with data for over 20 years, almost ten of which as a systems analyst and computer programmer. I did that work as a public service. Surprisingly, those of us who took time to do such tallies aren't considered heroes of democracy. Our crime is that our final result was not favourable to the giants of democracy. 

I am still waiting for someone to drop the rigging claims bombshell. 

Why did the media stop updating their tallies as soon as one candidate was clearly in the lead? We have heard a lot of baseless rumours but no media house have told us why they stopped their tallies. This irresponsible behaviour by the partisan media is what is contributing to most of the confusion we are experiencing. 

All the independent analysts I know who did their tallies arrived at a similar conclusion. Those who reject the results are yet to provide us with their tallies for scrutiny. What are they waiting for? Before rigging claims and evidence which should come first? Do you make rigging claims then look for the evidence? 

My view remains that the elections were verifiable and credible. This will remain so until evidence to the contrary is adduced. IEBC did a great job. This should have been one of the proudest moments for the country and the continent. But it was defiled by hooliganism and violence by the so called warriors of democracy. 

No one in Azimio has condemned the violence orchestrated by Azimio goons at Bomas. 

Nothing in my view warrants dragging the country through a long period of political uncertainty as the economy bleeds and people suffer. The same people who call themselves democrats consider it a crime for me to hold this view. Everyone must agree with their decision with or without grounds. 

The claims or insinuations that my work amounts to lobbying for a government job are absurd. I am over 40 years and have never been employed by anyone. Why do these people think I am now desperate for a job? Besides, working for government is not a crime. I have done work for governments in the region. 

It is sad that we live in a sinfully materialistic world where some people cannot believe that one can serve their country without pursuit of monetary benefits. If I wanted a government job, I would have gotten one long ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspirational Quotes to Motivate You for Work, Love, and Life

"Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind." — Dodinsky, In the Garden of Thoughts: Be Your Best Self “You are your best thing.” — Toni Morrison, Beloved "Be happy for this moment. This moment in your life." — Omar Khayyam "If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal any moment." — Carlos Santana "If you can dream it, you can do it." — Walt Disney "Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." — Albert Schweitzer "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud." — Maya Angelou “Give light, and people will find the way.” — Ella Baker “Keep your face to the sunshine, and you cannot see a shadow.” — Helen Keller “A person without regrets is a nincompoop.” — Mia Farrow “Life is short, and it is here to be lived.” — Kate Winslet “If you risk nothing, then you risk everything.” — Geena Davis “Self-esteem means knowing you are the dream.” — Oprah Winfrey “Everything you can imagine is real.” — Pablo Picasso “Speak your mind...

HIV/AIDS herbal treatment takes root in Kenya

by NATASHA I was been suffering hard shiply from HIV / AIDS since 6 yrs now, and i happen to have 2 kids for my husband, and now we cannot proceed to have another kids all because of my disease and now i have to do all what a human like i and my husband can do just to get my disease healed, i have went to several places to seek for help not even one person could ever help, until i melt a comment on the daily news paper that was commented by Ms cludia about how this powerful traditional doctor help her get cured of the disease (HIV-AIDS) "my fellow beloved" i firstly taught having a help from a spiritual traditional healer was a wrong idea, but i think of these, will i continue to stress on these disease all day when i have someone to help me save my life? "so i gather all my faiths and put in all interest to contact him through his Email address drogboduherbalcurepalace@gmail.com , so after i have mailed him of helping me to cured my disease, he respond to me fast as pos...