Skip to main content

10 incredible websites. Check them out.They are free. And they feel illegal to know.

1. Pika Labs Transform written text into engaging and dynamic videos; expand videos easily. pika labs 2. Minipic Compress images in a matter of seconds. minipic 3. FollowFox Translate your thoughts into compelling visuals. followfox 4. DrawIO Create diagrams and flowcharts online. drawI0 5. Job Hunt Mode Land your dream job using the power of AI. jobhunt 6. SaveDay Store and access your content from the web or Telegram with AI. saveday 7. GPTExcel Create complex equations without needing extensive knowledge of Excel functions. GPTexcel 8. Recast Turn want-to-read articles into conversational audio summaries. recast 9. Upstract Read the entire internet on one page. Upstract

Moving from eating worms to eating real meat.


Today, my reflection is about God's way of taking you to prosperity.
It is never smooth.
It is always nasty.
It is very unpredictable

But pattern is clear :- Trouble, Disruption, Movement, and finally Revelation.
Deuteronomy 32:11 gives a Revelation about how God uses the Eagle as an example. After feeding the young Eaglets with little things,and feeding them on left over meat, Mother Eagle assesses the strength of the wings, and if the wings are fine and ready, mother Eagle uses trouble and disruption to teach the Eaglets how to fly. .....

"Like an eagle that stirs up its nest,
that hovers over its young,
so the Lord spread out his wings and took him",

Mother Eagle shakes the comfort zone, and makes the Eaglets drop from the highly perched Nest. As they fall, the Eaglets finally realize that they have wings and can fly. Those that cannot fly are held up, taken highest and dropped again. If mother Eagle doesn't do that, she will end up feeding grown ups that are able to take care of themselves.

That is how God uses disruption, sacking, demolition, non payment of debt, kukosana, business collapse, etc to move you higher.
I moved from Kiamaiko slums when my Buddy from CCK stopped supporting me in paying my 300 Bob per month rent . This was not easy, but that is when I learnt to ride eat my pride, ride a bike to Markiti, look for Sweet potatoes, fry them in Eastleigh opposite PCEA Primary. Instead of getting the monthly handouts of about 1 k, that I used to pay rent, and do some small time shopping, I ended up making 500 Bob per day as a roadside eatery owner. I used the 500 Bob to buy a computer, and moved to Huruma paying 2k per month. I used the computer to start writing stories, and approached Mundia Muchiri who was the Sunday Standard Managing Editor, and he liked my writing, and that is how I ended up in the mainstream Press again. After disruption, trouble and movement. 
I have noticed the similar pattern all over my life and in life of others.
The comfort zone is removed, and you end up hanging on the air., with no other option, but learning how to fly.
You kosana with your rich boyfriend, and you start a business and prosper.
You are sacked, and you start your business, and prosper.
Your business is demolished by a terrible man like Prof Nyong'o, you move to another sector, you prosper.
I always thank Chaacha Mwita for sacking me in 2007 from the Standard. I would have never ever reached the heights I reached. I would have never known that selling Waru can make you live in Kitusuru. I would have never bid for British Government Communication Consultancy and get 8 figure payment. I would never have owned a media house. I would still be in Nairobi terrorising news sources. Maybe I would have turned into an extortionist, you never know.
But, it all started by that word, " you are fired"_ a not very good statement to hear. Yes, utakula ngumu hapo katikati, but eventually all will be well.
One day I will I tell you how I ended up in Eastern Uganda and now in Western Uganda in Museveni Wealth creation campaign.
 For now, those going through hard times, just see yourself as that Eaglet being thrown out of the comfortable Nest, not to be killed, but to fly high, and stop relying in worms and leftover food and get your own real fresh meat.
Wake up and thank God for your trouble, and ask him to open your eyes on opportunities ahead.

Comments