Skip to main content

Habits Rich People Will Not Tell You.

1. Value Every Moment: Remember, a single minute lost to procrastination can erase the progress of a month's hard work and discipline. Stay focused and make every moment count. 2. Wealth's Silent Power: True wealth isn't about flaunting riches; it's about multiplying them. Rich individuals understand that real success comes from wisely investing their resources, making each dollar work for them. 3. The Dream of Passive Income: Imagine the ultimate flex: earning money while you sleep. It's the dream of financial independence that drives many to seek passive income streams, where your money does the heavy lifting. 4. Quiet Victories Speak Loudest: Winning isn't always about showing off. Sometimes, the most meaningful victories happen in private, away from the spotlight. Not everyone needs to witness your journey; focus on your own growth. 5. Choose Your Circle Wisely: Surround yourself with like-minded friends who inspire and push you to be your best. The company

It is Always Darkest Before Dawn.

One of the reasons I like praying, reflecting, meditating and worshiping between 3am and 5am is because of the serenity. Very little movement. Total darkness out there.
You really absorb the Word of God very well.

I think that is where the saying comes from :It is darkest before dawn.
Today, I've been reflecting about the reality of the Word "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except the grain of wheat falling into the ground die, it abides alone; but if it die, it bears much fruit."

This revelation has come to pass several times.
Before I got the revelation, I used to stress myself any time I went through trouble. I used to worry every time I went through hardship and hard times....
But, when I discovered that it is written that lazima nipitie kwa mapito Fulani ili nizae matunda, I never worry.
Many times people accuse me that "Chunya ng'ich"  roughly translated" Mtu asiye Jali "
But that is not the case. I learnt a long time ago about this process in life.
Kama siwezi, siwezi. I can't simply force things. I always let the process go full circle.

In hindsight, I have seen this darkest before dawn happen several times. I have seen this "falling in the ground and die" happen several times before "bears much fruit" happens.

That is how things operate. That is how the system is set. That is how our Creator programmed it.
So, when you go through tough times, just know that hiyo ndiyo njia.
About twelve years ago, I went through the worst season in my life. It was a season of turmoil and pandemonium. Having left the Newsroom and settled in business, life was great. I used my contacts and networks I developed during my stay in the Newsroom to boost my business. I keep telling Journalists that the only retirement benefit you get from working in the media is the networking aspect.
You meet people you would ordinarily never meet. Unatoka Umoja alafu una enda kula Lunch na President, alafu una panda UmmoInner back to your house. If you don't use this network to further your interests, wewe ni mtu Bure kabisa (in the Kibaki tone).

The 2008 post election chaos reduced me from a top class Waru Distributor...... To a man fighting for survival .. I used to get Waru from Narok Melili area, buy a bag at 600 Bob, and sell to Supermarkets, Stanley Hotel, Pan Afric Hotel at 2500... Yaani things were good.... I had a network of 3 Lorries... Alafu in one dark night during the post election violence, they were all burnt down. My store at the Hills was raided... I was punished because I was a Jaruo and Jaruos were kicking out Okuyu from Kisumu.... Never mind, I was firmly supporting Kibaki and was very close to Tuju during the 2007 campaign period. But all that does not matter... When it comes to tribal clashes 

Things were tough. I moved from Kitusuru to Mwiki and then to Umoja..... Life was truly hard and terrible, but I kept hope Alive. As I was working on my revival, I got kicked out of the Umoja House and had to move to a Guest House in Komarock..... Kukaa Guest Room na Watoto is not easy..... I had to pay 600 per day, that was the only way to avoid going to the slums..... I will never ever forget that Mzee from Kirinyaga who owns the Guest House.... He was very compassionate...... It is from this darkest hour that I landed a deal that saw me pay for my own 3 Bedroom Massionate...... I moved from a Guest house to a that I call mine, hakuna rent hakuna landlord anakuja end month.

I can give several other instances, but this is not a book.
But the thing that kept me sane was the fact that I knew that what I was was going through was the normal path.
That huge revelation kept me going.
It still happens. The other day, I got a huge opportunity to import some stuff, just after I was done and ready to ship, the CS banned all forms of imports..... It looked like it died, but the ban was lifted, and I got even bigger opportunities.....

Ever since I got this revelation, hard times never worry me.
They should never worry you too.
Never look at hard times as the end of the road. If you see it like that, you will sink into depression.
Look at it as a normal path. Part of the program.
Look at your hard times as the opportunity to clean your system as you prepare for take off.

Remember, it is written that it is written that there is a falling that usually comes before the "much fruit" season.
Wake up and face the day with that victorious attitude.
*from August 2020

Comments