Skip to main content

Habits Rich People Will Not Tell You.

1. Value Every Moment: Remember, a single minute lost to procrastination can erase the progress of a month's hard work and discipline. Stay focused and make every moment count. 2. Wealth's Silent Power: True wealth isn't about flaunting riches; it's about multiplying them. Rich individuals understand that real success comes from wisely investing their resources, making each dollar work for them. 3. The Dream of Passive Income: Imagine the ultimate flex: earning money while you sleep. It's the dream of financial independence that drives many to seek passive income streams, where your money does the heavy lifting. 4. Quiet Victories Speak Loudest: Winning isn't always about showing off. Sometimes, the most meaningful victories happen in private, away from the spotlight. Not everyone needs to witness your journey; focus on your own growth. 5. Choose Your Circle Wisely: Surround yourself with like-minded friends who inspire and push you to be your best. The company

Take the time to choose good, credible news sources

By strive masiyiwa



__Look beyond what you see [Mufasa]

I’m often asked how I get my news and what advice I would give entrepreneurs [young or old].  We live in a time when getting sufficient news is not the issue; quite the contrary, if you have access to the Internet you can be constantly barraged with a deluge of “news”. 

The most important thing for me is ensuring I have access to good, reliable news sources.  I have a list of news sources that I have carefully researched so I know who wrote the article, and what they stand for, because it is so easy to be manipulated these days. Keep your eyes open.

I have also put strong filters on all my news sources [using the tools available on my browser and more]. This does NOT mean I read only news sources that I agree with! That would not only be silly, but dangerously myopic. 
 
Every morning I start my work day by scanning my news sources: they're all newspapers, journals, and newsletters, which I access directly, and not through a Social Media platform. I find it extremely dangerous to use Social Media platforms as sources for news. 

Especially if it's a very important matter for your life or business as an entrepreneur, you must take the time to do proper research, from a variety of good, credible sources.  Don't simply believe the first thing you see! Dig deeper.

An article you read, for example, could be "news" [factual information on a current event] or "opinion" where the writer advocates for a certain position he or she believes in. Both are valuable but don't confuse the two. My team found an article for you on this which is in the Afterthoughts.

Deeper analysis and research pieces can take time, so I usually tag articles that are too long which I then come back to and read in my evening session. Through the day I allow myself peeks to get updates of any developing story which is of substance.

Whilst I don’t like to make recommendations, allow me to make an exception by introducing you to a new platform called Semafor. It was co-founded by Justin B. Smith who used to be CEO of Bloomberg and Ben Smith who was formerly at the New York Times. Justin has spent a lot of time in Africa. Here's the link: https://www.semafor.com/

The Semafor platform is global, and Justin has added a team of well-respected African journalists who are focusing on Africa. Take a look and see what you think.

As entrepreneurs almost nothing is more important for you than access to reliable news and information from credible sources.  And be sure to read beyond your own nation's news! You all are busy building Africa's century, but the whole world could be your market [and it already is, for some of you].

Photo credit: Ubuntu Hope. What do YOU see?

Comments