Skip to main content

A true entrepreneur is never frustrated by anything...

By Strive Masiyiwa
What do you do that is different?
__Always look for the "game changer" (Part 1).
There is a story told in the legend of modern business about a young man who liked reading books. He would order books by mail order, but being a very avid reader he found that it took too long for the books to arrive. So what did he do? He sat down and designed a new way to get books delivered in the shortest time possible.
His process for ordering and delivering books has turned him into one of the richest people in the world. That young man is Jeff Bezos of Amazon, and he's now worth over $50bn.
Sometimes the "game changer" comes from the way you deliver your service to the customer!
As an entrepreneur, one of the keys to your success is your continuous search for something that sets you apart, even if you're in the same business as others. Some of the things that you do don't have to be technological or highly sophisticated -- just different!
And smart!
# What do you do that is different?
It reminds me of a guy who owned a small butcher shop just out of town from where I grew up. Whenever I drove past his shop I noticed there were always a lot of "men" milling around. So, being curious, I stopped and waited in my car to see what was happening.
I soon discovered that this guy used to sell cooked "cows feet," which were considered by local men as an aphrodisiac! People would come from far and wide to buy his "cows feet." I chuckled to myself thinking about what a great entrepreneur he was. Soon he added a little bar and sold cold beer. In no time at all, he was expanding to other parts of the country, strategically adding the "secret source" of his business model!
Now, I am not saying go into that same business! No. I just want you to see the principle: Successful entrepreneurship requires you to be constantly looking for a "game changer," even in the most mundane of businesses.
# What is your "game changer"?
If someone gives me what I consider to be bad service, I try not to complain. I start thinking if there's an opportunity for me! I never made money from complaining, but from dealing with frustrations thrown at me!
I find always that I'm at my best, as an entrepreneur, when I'm trying to get over an attempt to frustrate me. Maybe it was because a bank turned me down over a loan, or a regulator refused to give me a license, or a business partner cheated me...
It's all the same: It spurred me to buckle down and become tenacious, or it made me find an innovation to get round the problem. It must be the same for you!
# A true entrepreneur is never frustrated by anything...
This is how some of the greatest businesses in history came about!
Is there something that frustrates and irritates you every day? That could be the biggest entrepreneurial opportunity in your life!
# A true entrepreneur is never frustrated by anything...
It's not that I don't want to complain about some things that are done to me, but sometimes I forget to complain because I'm too busy using the opportunity created for me!!!
In life it's not that we're not challenged or even frustrated by others, or by the authorities. If you're going through such a situation yourself, don't let it get you down...
Use it to propel you to the next level!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspirational Quotes to Motivate You for Work, Love, and Life

"Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind." — Dodinsky, In the Garden of Thoughts: Be Your Best Self “You are your best thing.” — Toni Morrison, Beloved "Be happy for this moment. This moment in your life." — Omar Khayyam "If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal any moment." — Carlos Santana "If you can dream it, you can do it." — Walt Disney "Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." — Albert Schweitzer "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud." — Maya Angelou “Give light, and people will find the way.” — Ella Baker “Keep your face to the sunshine, and you cannot see a shadow.” — Helen Keller “A person without regrets is a nincompoop.” — Mia Farrow “Life is short, and it is here to be lived.” — Kate Winslet “If you risk nothing, then you risk everything.” — Geena Davis “Self-esteem means knowing you are the dream.” — Oprah Winfrey “Everything you can imagine is real.” — Pablo Picasso “Speak your mind...

HIV/AIDS herbal treatment takes root in Kenya

by NATASHA I was been suffering hard shiply from HIV / AIDS since 6 yrs now, and i happen to have 2 kids for my husband, and now we cannot proceed to have another kids all because of my disease and now i have to do all what a human like i and my husband can do just to get my disease healed, i have went to several places to seek for help not even one person could ever help, until i melt a comment on the daily news paper that was commented by Ms cludia about how this powerful traditional doctor help her get cured of the disease (HIV-AIDS) "my fellow beloved" i firstly taught having a help from a spiritual traditional healer was a wrong idea, but i think of these, will i continue to stress on these disease all day when i have someone to help me save my life? "so i gather all my faiths and put in all interest to contact him through his Email address drogboduherbalcurepalace@gmail.com , so after i have mailed him of helping me to cured my disease, he respond to me fast as pos...