Skip to main content

Kenya IEBC Chair Defends Himself Against Corruption allegations in connection with UK printing firm.

picture-70312.jpg

PRESS RELEASE FOR: IMMEDIATE RELEASE SUBJECT: ‘CORRUPTION ALLEGATIONS’ NAIROBI, KENYA: February 14th, 2015. Serious integrity concerns have been raised against some commissioners, staff and I during the tenure of the Interim Independent Electoral Commission, IIEC. It has been alleged that a UK printing firm gave bribes in order to secure business contracts. I want to state categorically that these allegations against me are untrue and will remain so regardless of how much it is repeated, sensationalized or exploited. I have said it before and will say it again that I have never involved myself in any corrupt practices during my tenure at IIEC or now in IEBC. In sentencing the officials of Smith and Ouzman printing firm, the courts in UK said that the period during which the offences occurred was between 1 November 2006 and 31 December 2010. IEBC came into office in November 2011. I was not and I am not on trial in the UK Courts. Like any other citizen of this country, I am entitled to the presumption of innocence guaranteed by the constitution until proved otherwise. I will be accorded the opportunity to face any accusers and defend myself in accordance with the laws of Kenya. Just because I hold the position of chairman does not mean I am not entitled to fair and accurate comment. It has even been suggested that since the officials of Smith and Ouzman have been sentenced by the UK courts for corruption, we should also be guilty without trial. There is no law that works on such a cut and paste presumptions. I EBC is helping the anti-corruption authorities with the investigations on these allegations. It is our hope that outcome will clear the air on the matter once for all. Ahmed Issack Hassan Chairperson-IEBC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspirational Quotes to Motivate You for Work, Love, and Life

"Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind." — Dodinsky, In the Garden of Thoughts: Be Your Best Self “You are your best thing.” — Toni Morrison, Beloved "Be happy for this moment. This moment in your life." — Omar Khayyam "If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal any moment." — Carlos Santana "If you can dream it, you can do it." — Walt Disney "Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." — Albert Schweitzer "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud." — Maya Angelou “Give light, and people will find the way.” — Ella Baker “Keep your face to the sunshine, and you cannot see a shadow.” — Helen Keller “A person without regrets is a nincompoop.” — Mia Farrow “Life is short, and it is here to be lived.” — Kate Winslet “If you risk nothing, then you risk everything.” — Geena Davis “Self-esteem means knowing you are the dream.” — Oprah Winfrey “Everything you can imagine is real.” — Pablo Picasso “Speak your mind...

HIV/AIDS herbal treatment takes root in Kenya

by NATASHA I was been suffering hard shiply from HIV / AIDS since 6 yrs now, and i happen to have 2 kids for my husband, and now we cannot proceed to have another kids all because of my disease and now i have to do all what a human like i and my husband can do just to get my disease healed, i have went to several places to seek for help not even one person could ever help, until i melt a comment on the daily news paper that was commented by Ms cludia about how this powerful traditional doctor help her get cured of the disease (HIV-AIDS) "my fellow beloved" i firstly taught having a help from a spiritual traditional healer was a wrong idea, but i think of these, will i continue to stress on these disease all day when i have someone to help me save my life? "so i gather all my faiths and put in all interest to contact him through his Email address drogboduherbalcurepalace@gmail.com , so after i have mailed him of helping me to cured my disease, he respond to me fast as pos...